Dandruff is a common issue and is usually seen everywhere. The problem might sound simple but it can ruin your scalp, and damage your hair. There are many things that can cause dandruff such as dry skin, seborrheic dermatitis, diet, and allergic reactions to hair and skin products. One can help eliminate or get rid of dandruff at home using baking soda.
Benefits of Baking Soda
- Baking Soda can clean your scalp of excess sebum and grease that lead to dandruff.
- It is a natural disinfectant and can fight infection-causing bacteria and fungus.
- Baking Soda helps in removing any product buildup, flakes, and dead skin.
- It contains antiseptic properties to clear scalp infections.
Here are some tips to use baking soda for dandruff.
1. Coconut Oil with Baking Soda
Coconut oil is known as the best ingredient for skin and hair care. It penetrates the hair shaft and reduces protein loss. Coconut oil can alleviate itchiness and dryness of the scalp and help keep it moisturized. Coconut oil is a natural disinfectant and can enhance the anti-fungal properties of Baking Soda. You can also add little honey to the mixture, to get dandruff-free, smooth hair. Coconut oil helps improve hydration, prevent fungal growth, and reduce irritation on the scalp.
How to use:
- Make a mixture of coconut oil and baking soda.
- You can also add honey.
- Apply this mixture to the scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair as usual.